PublicationsA selection of benefits for our members
Currently, as a benefit to its members (and occasionally everyone!) we produce three types of publications – an eBulletin, a podcast, and books.
Every other month, your inbox will smile when our eBulletin, composed of contributions from members and invited guests, appears from our editors who lovingly collate and polish it into TD themes! Our eBulletins have regular sections that we encourage you to not only read, but get involved with by submitting your own contribution to.
- TTT: Tales of a Travelling Trainer (including featured region)
- Quote Unquote: Is there a quote that defines your teacher-outlook? Want to share it? Pick one, write a brief line or two about why you chose it and let us know. Here are a few to give you some ideas.
- TDQ: There are TDQ question bank to choose from and write about. Ideally for one issue, choose a few to answer within about 100 words each. And of course, if you’d like to add a photo, even better. (including featured region)
- TD Stories: We’re interested in sharing our learnings with everyone. So, tell us a reflective story about something that you planned, but it didn’t go quite the way you expected, and what you learnt from it all. No more than 500 words, please. (including featured region)
- TD Toolkit: We’re also collecting your reviews of favourite TD books, blogs, apps and online resources. What’s your go-to resource? What tips for using it? Pick one and within around 250 words, let us know why you love it.
An introduction to the new TDSIG
New semester’s TD resolutions
Keep your mojo going
TD at professional events
TD and learner feedback
TD plan: the months to come
Featured region: South/East Asia
Deadline: 23 August 2018
Featured region: South America
Deadline: 23 October 2018
TD Reading into practice
Featured region: Africa
Deadline: 28 December 2018
So you want to contribute? Yay! Your contribution should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line indicating section) by the deadline indicated.
We’re into the podcasting generation, yes we are. Every other month, we’ll be talking about issues with guests that impact our development. You’ll recognise some of our guests! Maybe you? Developod is available to subscribe to wherever you get your podcasts. See here for more details or sample by listening to Episode 4 with Adrian Underhill below.
We’ve been brainstorming a few different projects, all of which when published will be shared with members only. Sometimes they will be eBooks, other times print, and sometimes both! Right now, our editors are working on the following:
- TDSIG Book 1: Early Selections (2018): a collection of articles from members over the years on themes including What is Teacher Development?, Gender in ELT, Teaching and Training, Teaching in Context, Teacher Research, and much more!
Preview TDSIG Book 1
- TDSIG Book 2: 1992-2010 [tentative] – Coming 2019