PublicationsA selection of benefits for our members
Currently, as a benefit to its members (and occasionally everyone!) we produce three types of publications – podcasts, books, and an eBulletin. In addition, members soon will have access to our archive of newsletters, which began in 1986 and ran through 2016.
We’ve been brainstorming a few different projects, all of which when published will be shared with members only. Sometimes they will be eBooks, other times print, and sometimes both! Right now, our editors are working on the following:
- TDSIG Book 1: Early Selections (2018): a collection of articles from members over the years on themes including What is Teacher Development?, Gender in ELT, Teaching and Training, Teaching in Context, Teacher Research, and much more!
Preview TDSIG Book 1
- 4+1 Photo Comp We share four member photos each issue of either of a) you in TD mode or b) something you associate with TD and ONE of them will win a prize. You’ll find out if you’ve won in an upcoming issue! But first, a little advice…
- Quote Unquote Is there a quote that defines your teacher-outlook? Want to share it? Pick one, write a brief line or two about why you chose it and let us know. Here are a few to give you some ideas.
- The TDQ There are TDSIG TDQ question bank to choose from and write about. Ideally for one issue, choose a few to answer within about 100 words each. And of course, if you’d like to add a photo, even better.
- TD Stories We’re interested in sharing our learnings with everyone. So, tell us a reflective story about something that you planned, but it didn’t go quite the way you expected, and what you learnt from it all. No more than 500 words, please.
- The TD Toolkit We’re also collecting your reviews of favourite TD books, blogs, apps and online resources. What’s your go-to resource? What tips for using it? Pick one and within around 250 words, let us know why you love it.
Aug 2017 – An introduction to the new TDSIG (open access)
Oct 2017 – New semester’s TD resolutions (sent to members, Oct 13)
Dec 2017 – Reflective TD
Feb 2018 – Keep your mojo going
Apr 2018 – TD at professional events
Jun 2018 – TD and learner feedback
Aug 2018 – TD for short courses
Oct 2018 – Experimental TD
Dec 2018 – TD reading into practice
- So you want to contribute? Yay! Your contribution should be sent to email@example.com (with subject line indicating section) about two weeks before the beginning of the publication month.