Who we are
IATEFL Teacher Development Special Interest Group provides a forum for us to develop our potential as teachers, to cultivate our abilities to navigate the challenges and successes of being a teacher, and to invigorate satisfaction in our ongoing work.
Anyone interested in such developmental issues can share their experiences and learn from the experiences of others. Through such a network, our community seeks to encourage individuals and groups of teachers to undertake activities that focus on personal and professional development.
TDSIG was formed by Adrian Underhill in 1985, and was the first distinct IATEFL SIG.
- To enable and encourage all categories of teacher to take more responsibility for professional and personal evolution throughout their careers.
- To promote individual and institutional awareness of the importance of teacher development.
- To encourage the provision of facilities for teacher development which do not already exist.
TDSIG member benefits
As a TDSIG member you will get:
- regular ebulletins with TD news and content throughout the year. Your contributions are welcome!
- curated teacher development content in electronic and print format
- access to practical and experiential face-to-face and web events, sometimes in collaboration with other IATEFL Special Interest Groups and other Teaching Associations
- support for teachers forming local groups with the aim of networking, organising events, and sharing their insights and experiences
- opportunities to apply for scholarship(s) to attend IATEFL conference in the UK each year
- Print copy of TDSIG Book 1: Early Selections – a collection of articles rescued from the TDSIG Newsletter archive
Meet the committee
Online Community Team