In this month’s blog I would like to tackle the concept of critical friend. In the next NL you will find an article on this topic. What all critical friends have in common is that they are good listeners and respond to problems and questions with integrity and a positive attitude. Of course the two words appear to contradict one another. They are like the oxymoron ‘a terrible beauty is born’ in a poem by Yeats. A critical friend is a bit like ‘hate the sin but love the sinner.’ Do you agree?
Subscribe via Email
Listen to our podcast
- How Short Videos are Shaping the Future of Teacher Development in ELT – Rozitah Abu Samah
- Post-CELTA Professional Development 14: 10 Ways of getting back into your teaching routine after time away from the classroom
- Post-CELTA Professional Development 13: 8 Great Ways to Enhance Teenage Learner Motivation in the Language Classroom
- Post-CELTA Professional Development 12: 7 Good Places to Find Supplemental ELT Listening Materials
- Post-CELTA Professional Development 11: 4 Great Listening Energizers