In this month’s blog I would like to tackle the concept of critical friend. In the next NL you will find an article on this topic. What all critical friends have in common is that they are good listeners and respond to problems and questions with integrity and a positive attitude. Of course the two words appear to contradict one another. They are like the oxymoron ‘a terrible beauty is born’ in a poem by Yeats. A critical friend is a bit like ‘hate the sin but love the sinner.’ Do you agree?
Subscribe via Email
Listen to our podcast
- Beyond the Communicative Approach – A TDSIG Workshop for November 2019
- My IATEFL experience by Adi Rajan
- TDSIG Member Offer: Being a Teacher Trainer course with Sheffield
- Teacher development online – smart, sexy, sensible or same as it ever was?
- TDSIG competition: win a place on a Teacher Development course