In this month’s blog I would like to tackle the concept of critical friend. In the next NL you will find an article on this topic. What all critical friends have in common is that they are good listeners and respond to problems and questions with integrity and a positive attitude. Of course the two words appear to contradict one another. They are like the oxymoron ‘a terrible beauty is born’ in a poem by Yeats. A critical friend is a bit like ‘hate the sin but love the sinner.’ Do you agree?
Subscribe via Email
Listen to our podcast
- Post CELTA professional development 4: the 5 keys to avoiding a bad first year as a teacher
- Post-CELTA professional development 3: approaches to lesson planning
- Post-CELTA professional development 2: what teacher education awaits you in the first five years?
- Post-CELTA professional development 1: working within time constraints
- Web Carnvial: Call for Speakers